The Great Big Swap of Very Small Things. I'd love you to join us! I've been thinking about getting a swap organised since -oh, at least Christmas. It had to be something light (so that anyone anywhere could join in without fear of too much postage); it had to be a bit pick-and-mix (so that everyone would receive something they liked); and it had to be easy. ..
...how about a swap of small things? Let's fill something small with as many tiny things as we can fit in and send it on...
- In the picture I have filled a glassine envelope of roughly 5x3 inches. Anything similarly sized will be just fine: a pillow pack, a brown money envelope, a little fabric pouch, a paper bag..filled to bursting with as many little embellishments as you can cram in and tied with a nice label (or sent with a card or wrapped with a bow..)
- you could include brads, buttons, lace, ribbons, tiny punched items, stickers, diecuts, threads, twines..if it's light and it fits and you would use it for papercrafting, then it's in.
And are you in?
- If you'd like to take part (and it's definitely the more the merrier) please email me your name and address. I'll keep a list of addresses, but you have my word that I won't pass yours on to anyone. That will be up to you.
- I'll keep on adding names to my list up until the closing date of Tuesday 30th April. I'll draw up a list and we will each send to the next name after our own on that list. This is not a direct swap: you will send to one person and receive from another. I'll let everyone know who to send to and who to look out for. The rest will be up to you..
- Remember those words which describe your style? Here's where to use them! Find out who you are sending to and ask for their words, or have a check under my post That Style Thing to see if a comment there helps you out
- You will have until the end of May to get your parcel in the post. With any luck it won't cost too much to mail and if you have a letterbox it will fit through: no unnecessary trips to the Post Office, I hope. And if you aren't in the UK? You are still very welcome! Let's make this a friendly swap..and a swap where we make friends. If you are overeas and you want to join in, I'll find you a partner who is happy to post. You can count on it
Any questions? Please ask! Remember, sign up by the end of April and post by the end of May. Happy Small Thing collecting..